Applied Information Security
Students who have passed this course should:
- have acquired good knowledge of the common terminology in information security
- have working knowledge of security analysis methods
- have a good understanding of selected attack mechanisms and techniques and their employment by malicious software
- have working knowledge of database security
- have good understanding of design principles for secure information systems
- Core terminology for information security
- Authentication and authentication techniques
- Security analysis methods
- Design principles for secure information systems
- Case studies of secure system design
- Database security
- Attack mechanisms and techniques
- Malicious software
Pedagogiske metoder (fritekst)
Annet - Tutorials
Written examination, 3 hours, (2/3) in conjunction with term paper (1/3). Pass decision is on the cumulative grade.
Bokstavkarakterer, A (best) - F (ikke bestått)
Evaluated by the lecturer.
Utsatt eksamen (tidl. kontinuasjon)
A new term paper must be provided next autumn. For the exam: Ordinary re-sit examnination.
Tillatte hjelpemidler (gjelder kun skriftlig eksamen)
- M. Bishop: Computer Security: Art and Science. Addison-Wesley, Reading, MA, USA (2002)
- D. Gollmann: Computer Security, 2nd ed. John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA (2006)
- M. Gasser: Building a Secure Computer System. Van Nostrand Reinhold, New York, NY, USA (1988)
- R. Anderson: Security Engineering: A Guide to Building Dependable Distributed Systems. John Wiley & Sons, Chichester, UK (2001)
- A. K. Jain, P. J. Flynn, and A. A. Ross: Handbook of Biometrics. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Germany (2007).
IMT4162 Information Security and Security Architecture