IMT4661 - Security Management Dynamics
- The candidate possesses thorough knowledge of the fundamentals of security management for continuous improvement, as well as the factors that influence the behavior of security systems with regards to continuous improvement.
- The candidate possesses advanced knowledge about theory and scientific methods relevant modeling the dynamics of systems, in particular of security systems.
- The candidate is capable of analyzing existing theories, methods and interpretations in the field of security management and working independently on solving theoretical and practical problems of continuous improvement of security.
- The candidate can use relevant scientific methods in research and development in security management problems with regards to continuous improvement.
- The candidate is capable of performing critical analysis of various literature sources and applying them in structuring and formulating scientific reasoning in security management problems with regards to continuous improvement.
- The candidate is capable of carrying out an independent limited research or development project in security management problems with regards to continuous improvement under supervision, following the applicable ethical rules.
- The candidate is capable of applying his/her knowledge in problems of in security management with regards to continuous improvement.
- The candidate is capable of analyzing relevant professional and research ethical problems in security management with regards to continuous improvement.
- The candidate is capable of applying his/her security management knowledge and skills in new fields, in order to accomplish advanced tasks and projects.
- The candidate can work independently and is familiar with security management terminology.
- The candidate is capable of discussing professional problems, analyses and conclusions in the field of security management, both with specialists and with general audience.
- The candidate is capable of contributing to innovation and innovation processes.
- The quality improvement paradox
- Security and quality improvement processes
- Improving the Performance of Computer Security Incident Response Teams (CSIRTs)
- Incident reporting systems and Learning from incidents
- Security risks in the transition to Integrated Operations
- Security-dependent safety. Continuous improvement of security in Critical Infrastructure
Pedagogiske metoder (fritekst)
Web-enabled course with forum
The course will be made accessible for both campus and remote students. Every student is free to choose the pedagogic arrangement form that is best fitted for her/his own requirement. The lectures in the course will be given on campus and are open for both categories of students. All the lectures will also be available on Internet through GUC’s learning management system (ClassFronter).
Vurdering av prosjekt(er)
- Two multiple choice exams counting each 15%
- Two individual projects (papers) counting each 35%
Each part must be individually approved of
Bokstavkarakterer, A (best) - F (ikke bestått)
Evaluated by the lecturer. An external examiner will be used every 4th year. Next time in the school-year 2014/2015.
Utsatt eksamen (tidl. kontinuasjon)
The whole course must be repeated
The course requires active participation in projects – both in class and outside class.
Written material will be given/sent to the students during the semester.
Hands-on modelling exercises during class are best carried out in computer lab. Students are encouraged to bring laptops to the classroom.